David Cartwright – CEO Melbourne HUB, Practice Leader Financial Services
- David is the Victorian Practice Leader for the Financial Services Industry and a Global Partner. He is based out of Melbourne, Australia
- David is an experienced C-Level Executive and advisor with a consistent track record of delivery in Global Financial Services, Business Services and Technology businesses
- David’s most recent executive role was as ANZ’s Group Executive with functional responsibility for 12,000 staff and multi-billion-dollar budgets across Operations, Technology, Shared Services and Property
- Prior to this, David led the turnaround and restructure of one of the largest BPO businesses (iPSL) in the UK
- David spent over 20 years with Barclays PLC where he developed a reputation as a successful change/turnaround agent in banking operations and IT, business process re-engineering and service improvement roles
- At Barclays, David personally led several major transformational technology, integration, restructuring, and outsourcing programmes and ran the Bank’s Global Operations, Technology, Customer Service and Outsourcing businesses.
- Leading complex financial services businesses through periods of unprecedented economic upheaval, change and regulatory challenge
- Internal consultancy: assessing complex business situations, identifying strategic options, clarifying critical business priorities and then developing the initiatives and cultural changes programmes required to drive transformational improvements in business performance, service experience and profitability
- Leading large blended teams of internal and external consultants to successfully deliver complex change programmes
- Guiding Boards, businesses and their workforces through transformational change and restructuring programmes
- Outsourcing, offshoring and the building of effective operating disciplines across businesses in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Pacific, the UK and the US
- Best practice risk management systems and corporate governance.
Publications, Conferences, Academics & Social Impact
- David takes great pride in a reputation for being able to engage colleagues at all organisational levels, for championing diversity and the environmental agenda, and for breaking down silos across business units to drive business value
- David has served as a Non-Executive Director/Chairman on a number of Joint Ventures, Payment Industry Bodies, subsidiary boards and private companies in the UK, Australia and across Asia
- David has a MA/BA Hons (Natural Science) from Oxford, a Sloan Fellowship from London Business School and is a GAICD and an ACIB (UK) and has been a guest lecturer at the Cambridge Judge Business School.