The roles will provide risk oversight, advice and insight that ensures risk is effectively managed. Specifically, two roles provide 2nd line risk and one role is a first line risk role for Wealth Operations, Customer digital and marketing.
This provides its stakeholders (Boards, Regulators and management) with confidence that the business is being managed with due regard to the risks it is taking to achieve it’s plan. You will think broadly within defined strategies and policies to meet business needs.
- Develop the risk management strategies and tactics for consideration by the board to enhance the organisations capacity to cost.
- Effectively identify, manage and minimise all forms of unacceptable risk.
- Develop the risk management policies, practices and standards for application and educate and advise on their implementation.
- Enable a professional and consistent approach to achieving business objectives throughout the organisation.
- Lead projects to develop and implement systems for the identification, recording, management and reporting of risk and monitor the efficiency of the systems and their application.
- Provide a consultancy and education service to all divisions/units in risk management to enable them to identify risk and successfully implement programs to manage unacceptable risk.
- Monitor business planning, strategy and activities throughout the organisation to identify unforeseen risk and initiate risk evaluation management.
- Set up and manager projects using outsourced services and internal staff to tackle major risk management issues and opportunities.
- Develop risk management strategies and systems to meet project objectives, targets and budgets.
- Monitor, review and report to the board on risk management performance and practice throughout the organisation to identify and tackle areas for improvement
- 7+ years experience in risk, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge and understanding of the operational risk and compliance management framework, methodologies and controls to business activities
- Experience in coaching & advising business managers on the application of the effective use of operational risk and compliance management framework to evaluate risks in order to achieve business outcomes
- Ability to analyse the effectiveness of the existing risk & compliance framework and identifies enhancements methodologies & controls
- Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing skills
Start: Immediate start- 12 month fixed contract
Rate: Daily gross rate for each of the three roles range from $800 to $1500, depending on level of experience and seniority
Applications close: No later than Monday 1st March 2021 3pm, AEDT
We will review all APTs and select the best 3 applicants for the client. The client will then conduct interviews.