- Provide leadership over and deliver on the Advice Oversight activities (including periodic oversight and deep dives). The role works alongside the Advice CRO Leadership Team and leverages the subject matter expertise within the wider Advice CRO Team.
- The oversight activities will include oversight of compliance with obligations and adherence to internal policy frameworks, policies and requirements.
- Responsible for developing an oversight base plan, from which a quarterly plan will be shaped ensuring there is time scheduled to respond to emerging themes, trends, activities that could benefit from second line deep dive to support business decision making / risk management activities.
Skills and experience required:
- Senior risk professional, with a proven track record of managing risk within a mature risk environment in Financial Services, ideally within Financial Advice
- Experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring the operation of risk management program
- Stakeholder and Regulator engagement and influencing will be critical given the relationships between Group and Business Unit functions and priorities
- Demonstrated capability in leading a team and business through change
- Previous experience in conducting targeted risk and control reviews
- Previous experience working in Group risk function (Compliance, Financial Crime Compliance, Operational risk, etc)
- Leadership and coaching experience in leading small to medium teams
- Advanced experience in report writing and providing insights through data
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of controls
Start: Immediate September start, duration 3-months
Location: Sydney preferred, but Melbourne and Brisbane will be considered for exceptional candidates
Rates: The net rate to the consultant will be $1,800+ GST per day
Close date: No later than Monday 20th September 2021, 12-noon AEST