Implementation has started and one instance is running but progress is slower than desirable.
We are looking for a consultant with experience of ERP implementations to review the project at a strategic level and prepare a report that covers the following points:
- Confirm and document the target model to be operated e.g. the templates we require and user experience.
- Based on the consultant’s experience and knowledge, does SAP B1 remain the best solution? This is not a question of reviewing all available solutions as a comprehensive system selection process was completed at the initiation of the project but the client is aware that NetSuite has now altered its offering and may warrant further consideration.
- Consider the team in place, confirm that the client has the right mix of skills and experience to deliver the target operating model, and consider whether any changes are required
- Advise on the costing model and assist in determining the cost to be recharged to client
Extensive experience of the rollout of ERP solutions with SAP B1 experience preferred.
The initial engagement is to prepare the report outlined above. We anticipate that this may take up to 1 month. It may be desirable for the consultant to provide continuing services after the initial project to assist the client in achieving their business objectives.
A timely and useful report in order that the client may make the necessary strategic decisions with regard to the implementation of the ERP solution
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of the rollout of an ERP solution in differing industries
- Excellent understanding of the technical issues associated with implementation of an ERP solution in different industries and countries
- Experience of the cultural change required for the effective implementation of an ERP solution
- Knowledgeable and experienced with war stories as well as an understanding of where all the bear traps are – been there, seen it, done it
- SAP B1, or SAP Hana, experience is a bonus, but not a necessity as this project is focused on strategy rather than system specifics. Relevant experience becomes more desirable should the project extend beyond the initial report
Start: Immediate start. The client is seeking to start this project ASAP.
Rates: A timetable will be agreed for the production of the report at the outset of the project with the initial project expected to take no more than 1 month.A fixed quotation for the production of the report should be prepared by the consultant at the outset of the project and will be agreed with the client. Rates are dependent on the experience of the candidate and we expect the cost of the report to be based on an equivalent day rate of £600 to £1,200/day.
APT’s must be lodged within 48 hours. We will review all APT’s and select the best 3 for the client. The client will then conduct interviews.