The service request is for a Finance Controller.
- Manage all day-to-day accounting operations including accounts receivables, payables, and all other ledgers. The ‘go to’ for all accounting queries
- Involved in the day-to-day management of cashflow and assist in monthly / quarterly cash flow forecasts
- Prepare monthly management information and manage the monthly close and reporting process. Ensuring robust control, processing, and review
- Consolidation of group financial statements and process the correct eliminations along with reconciliation of intercompany ledgers.
- Analysis of data, investigating variances, performing relevant adjustments and interpretation to senior management
- Demonstrate strong balance sheet controls including preparation of control account reconciliations and timely follow up on any variances
- Assist in the preparation and review of budgets and forecasts
- Accurately complete and submit all relevant returns including VAT and any statistical returns
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards and other specific internal and external guidelines
- Participation in the year end reporting process, including assistance with reporting packages and liaising with external auditors. Also assist in the quarterly audit and stock check
- Designing, Implementing, and maintaining internal controls and procedures.
- Supporting any ad hoc project requests within the team including streamlining and improving accounting systems where necessary
- Assist the CFO with any ad hoc information or tasks and assist to present any financial information and be a key part of the decision-making process.
- Monitor and review KPI’s of the Finance Department
- Responsible for accurate recording of shareholding and filings for the company and providing accurate data and communications with shareholders and relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed asset register and ownership of fixed asset process including reconciliation of all associated accounts
- Efficiently manage a team of five
Skills and experience required:
- Strong financial skills and attention to detail are essential, together with an analytical mindset
- Able to work unsupervised and will therefore be self-motivated
- Ability to work to fixed timescales and able to manage differing priorities
- Good interpersonal skills are essential; the ideal candidate will be required to communicate regularly with personnel at all levels in the company
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at one time
- Experience of partaking in external audits
- Advanced user of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to set objectives and motivate a team to achieve results
- Develop and coach others within the team
- Previous experience using SAP, Oracle or an equivalent system would be ideal
- Experience of finance, accounting, and ERP IT systems
- Administration Experience, ideally with a Finance Department
- Problem solving – ability to offer solutions where possible
- Attention to Detail
- Communication – ability to communicate with data and facts
- Work to Deadlines
- Work well under pressure
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast growing start up company
- An excellent understanding and appreciation of the necessity for confidentiality, particularly in relation to the ‘sensitive’ data which you may be privy to in your role
- Qualified management accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Part-qualified considered if able to demonstrate experience in the key required responsibilities
Start: The roles will be a full time hybrid 37.5 hour per week employed role and likely to commence ASAP. It will be a flexible working available once settled in and understand the business. Ideally someone part/almost qualified, manufacturing experience. Managing a team of 4 AP/ AR, Cost Accountant, Finance Admin and Finance Intern from the local university.
Rates: The rate to ICG applicants will be £45K to 60K per annum depending on experience. There is potential for a performance related bonus. 33 days holiday and contributory pension scheme.
Close date: No later than 18th April 2023 17:00 BST (UK).
APT’s must be lodged within 48 hours. We will review all APT’s and select the best 3 for the client. The client will then conduct interviews.