- Professor of Information Systems at Queensland University of Technology
- His research encompass process design, innovation management, revenue resilience / innovative business models and digital mind
- Fellow of the Australian Computer Society
- Honorary Consul for Germany in South-East Queensland
- Frequent national and international keynote speaker
- Supported clients in industries such as professional services (e.g. PwC, Accenture), retail (Woolworths), logistics (Australia Post, Brisbane airport), government (Qld and Federal government), telecommunication (Deutsche Telekom) and others.
- Published 7 books and more than 250 refereed papers.
Dr Michael Rosemann is Professor and Head of the Information Systems School, Science and Engineering Faculty, Queensland University of Technology. QUT’s Information Systems research received a ranking of ‘well above world standard (5/5)’ in this area of research in Australia (ERA, December 2015) and includes QUT’s Business Process Management Discipline, one of the largest BPM research groups in the world. Under his leadership as a Head of School, he established three industry-funded Chairs in the Information Systems School, i.e. the Woolworths Chair in Retail Innovation, the Brisbane Airport Corporation Chair in Airport Innovation and the PwC Chair in Digital Economy.
Dr Rosemann is a disruptive thinker with a digital mind and a passion for corporate innovation (eco)systems. His work is focused on creating exciting future worlds with today’s possibilities that make current practices obsolete. As a researcher and advisor to board rooms and senior executives he is committed to advancing knowledge and confidence in the areas of revenue resilience, digital mindfulness and innovation/opportunity management.