Areas of Expertise
- Merger, Demerger, Separation & Integration
- Programme Mobilisation, Recovery & Delivery – full programme life cycle
- Operating model and organisation design and implementation
- Technology and Business Transformation, Optimisation and cost reduction
- CX and UX at the heart of end to end process design, implementation, re-engineering and improvement
- Technology selection, implementation and change
- Regulatory change, remediation & enforceable undertakings
- Onshoring and offshoring, insourcing and outsourcing
- PMO, Governance frameworks, programme reviews and assurance
Evidence of Expertise
Raana has more than 20 years of programme delivery experience gained from working with the largest blue chip organisations in New Zealand, Australia and the UK. Leading some of the largest divestment and integration programmes of their time, Raana has established and lead multi-disciplined teams delivering a broad range of programme and project management capabilities supporting the full delivery lifecycle.
From mobilisation through to solution design, implementation and close, Raana has the experience and domain expertise to ensure the requisite foundations and fundamentals are in place for successful delivery. Mobilisation of new, or recovery and remediation of existing programmes is where Raana excels. With his proven delivery methodology, he innovates and thinks outside the box, to cut through project ‘noise’ and deliver what is really needed to ensure the desired project outcomes are achieved on budget and on time.
Employment History & Credentials
Raana recently joined ICG to lead the establishment of the Programme Delivery practice based in Sydney. Raana holds a Bachelor of Business Studies majoring in Accounting & Finance from Massey University in NZ. Starting his career with Deloitte as an Auditor and then leading Finance & Operations teams in Government and Funds Management, he then made the move into the Programme and Project Management space. With experience spanning Financial Services, Government, TV & Broadband, and Healthcare Raana has lead large scale complex programmes through all phases of the project life cycle.
- Retail & Commercial Banking, Wealth Management, Financial Planning, Superannuation & Funds Management, General Insurance & Life Insurance.
- Television & Broadband
- Healthcare – General Practice, Dental, Imaging, Pathology, IVF and Day Surgery, Allied Health
Raana is Director and Company Secretary for SmartAID Australia, a humanitarian organisation who last year delivered $13m in technology based aid and relief to those suffering across the globe.
One of Australia’s largest Financial Planning providers
- Delivered UX /CX optimisation & automation programme reducing costs by more than >39%, errors by 60% and turnaround times by 49%
One of Australia’s leading private Healthcare providers
- Led $100m construction recovery programme to build and setup of 5 state-of-the-art medical centres offering GP, Dental, Day Surgery, X-Ray and IVF services.
One of the UKs largest Mobile, Broadband and TV providers
- Led the mobilisation of the integration and re-platforming of the Broadband and TV business following acquisition
One of the UK’s largest ever divestment programmes
- Led the Corporate Bank divestment due diligence/deal execution team for divestment of 1.2million customers, 300 Retail Branches and 35 Corporate Banking locations
- Organisation redesign and re-segmentation of Commercial & Corporate client portfolios achieving headcount/cost reductions and CX productivity improvements
- Introduced new telephony/digital servicing model to significantly improve CX service standards
- Org Design and execution to create standalone functions for First Line of Defence, Commercial Real Estate, HR, Finance and Reporting functions
One of Australia’s largest funds management & life insurance businesses
- Post-acquisition integration of 4 Funds Management, Life and Superannuation businesses, implemented new Investment & Registry systems, new Financials and new Capital Gains Tax systems
- Delivered the Euro conversion and the GST implementation programmes
- Led the Rebranding Programme to launch new Investments and Insurance brands
- Lead the integration of the General Insurance business following acquisition.