Areas of Expertise
- David is one of Australasia’s most experienced financial services consulting partners having been a global equity partner at Booz Allen and Hamilton and having founded and led Oliver Wyman in Australasia. Prior to his consulting career, David also spent 9 years in the financial services industry working on numerous projects with various consulting firms.
- David has been highly recognised for delivering the very highest quality of work to clients (he has received numerous internal awards and is well known for quality work on complex issues across the industry).
- David operates comfortably at all organisation levels from detailed redesign work through to workshops and presentations with C-suites and major public boards.
Evidence of Expertise
20+ years as a senior strategist and consultant: Strategy formulation, blueprinting and implementation (Board level facilitation, or integrated as part of c-suite, or leading internal and external consulting teams on small and large refreshes)
Key topics: winning strategy, strategic execution, organisational transformation, regulatory response, platform-based ecosystems, jvs, big data/analytics, customer centricity, loyalty & recognition, profit pools, open data, distribution management, product and service innovation
Augmentation and optimisation of internal consulting and strategy teams through training, capability benchmarking, targeted skill-building and training, and team member coaching and supplementation.
Employment History & Credentials
- Comp Sci First Class Honours and University Medal Sydney
- MBA MIT Sloan School (Awarded 2 full annual scholarships for academic merit)
- Founding editor and contributor to ICG’s Insight Review – (100K+ subscribers)
From branch savings examiner to working directly for the CEO of Westpac as part of its transformation program
- Joined Booz Allen as a summer intern in their New York office. Worked in London, Singapore and Sydney and rose to global equity partner leading several global practices (Mortgages and JV’s)
- Led Oliver Wyman in Australia from inception to become a major force in the market. Promoted to lead Oliver Wyman’s major report to the World Economic Forum and present annually at Davos
- Founded and led the development of Internal Consulting Group (ICG), a leading global platform, now leads the FS Practice globally and edits ICG’s The Insight Review whish is sent to over 100,000 executives globally.
- 100’s of projects for over 80 entitles around the globe
- UK, Canada, South Africa, Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Korea, Japan
Banks (Retail, Business, Corporate), Wealth Distribution, Insurers (P&C, Wealth, Life), Regulators, Industry Associations, Asset Managers, Sovereign Funds, Payment companies, Retailers, Downstream Oil
Community: Chaired a major national financial literacy initiative (Money Smart Advisory Board)