The end client is a mortgage broking business looking for an operational resilience consultant for a short term and could probably be completed alongside other work.
End client is in the process of compiling the Self-Assessment that is required by the end of March 2022. They are outsourced business so much of what they are doing in relation to identifying Important Business Services and Impact Tolerances has been completed by their servicer and they use Computershare Loan Services (CLS), therefore most of their work is about validating the CLS input against their risk appetites. They need someone in the operational resilience space to complete their assessment work and compile a good standard of input to their Board along the way. As a result, they are hoping to source external support, preferably from an expert in the field who could bolster their efforts to complete a high-quality self-assessment in time for Board approval ahead of submission to the FCA.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of end-to-end mapping, scenario testing and regular self-assessments
- Good knowledge of working on operational risk policies and frameworks
- Undertaking a systematic review of all policies, procedures and checklists to ensure they are robust, scalable and meet the business requirements
- Experience of working in a similar industry preferred
- Solutions oriented critical thinking
- Awareness of industry best practices
- Proven ability to quickly learn new information, processes and procedures
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and proactively identify and deal with problems
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently
Start: The project is to start as soon as possible and run until the end of March – possibly into the first week of April 2022.