Our client is seeking potential candidates who may be able to fill this brief for 1-2 months, during which time they would have several immediate tactical and more strategic tasks, including contributing to shaping the program of Procurement risk and sustainability initiatives for FY23.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish capability to manage Procurement and supply chain risk across the organisation.
- Maintain a procurement risk management framework to monitor, manage and drive procurement assurance to proactively and reactively manage Procurement related risks.
- Direct actions & focus towards management of key risks
- Facilitate risk planning and review processes of Procurement risks, in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Connect and liaise with business stakeholders and Chief Risk Officer in developing plans, controls, mitigations and review of Procurement risks
- Identify outcomes and benefits and direct actions & focus towards these
- Identify key Sustainable Procurement outcomes and benefits. Direct focus and actions towards delivery towards outcomes.
- Modern Slavery program. Coordinate initiatives and prepare Board level and legislated external reporting in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act
- Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) – represent Procurement on the clients RAP. Develop and report on implementation of initiatives in coordination with Procurement leaders & team members
- Identify, champion and coordinate implementation of social sustainability initiatives such as Buy Local and supplier diversity
- Develop metrics and baseline reporting for Procurement Sustainability across social and environmental pillars of sustainability
- Assess opportunities for environmental initiatives in the Procurement supply chain
- Identify and implement Scope 3 emissions reduction strategies in the clients supply chain.
- Identify and coordinate training and development opportunities for staff and suppliers in the areas of Procurement Sustainability that will support delivery of sustainability program objectives and aligned to
- Corporate Sustainability education program.
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Sustainability function.
The consultant will be able to demonstrate practical application of the qualification for this role, with experience in developing/ implementing / running Sustainability / ESG programs of work in a Procurement or Supply chain environment.
Skills and experience required:
- The successful candidate will possess tertiary qualification/s (degree, certificate or diploma minimum) in a relevant discipline, such as Procurement, Science, Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain.
- Industry experience in Procurement sourcing, including managing contracts and suppliers – minimum 2 years
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining Sustainability / Modern Slavery / ESG programs of work desirable – ideally minimum 1 year
- Knowledge of the policy environment for social procurement, including other impact measurement frameworks, for example, ESG, GRIs, modern slavery etc).
- Practical experience of risk management, preferably in Procurement/ supply chain
- Well-developed skills using MS Office applications to prepare business documentation using Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a requirement, as is an ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence to achieve practical outcomes.
Start Date: Starting immediately. Duration, 1-2months