Our Client operates an I + IT Cluster providing information management and information technology solutions that enable and support the business requirements of its internal clients.
This cluster supports the organization’s I+IT Strategy and plays a leadership role in major business transformation initiatives and infrastructure projects that are currently underway. The cluster is also working to promote the evolution towards a common IT infrastructure for the organization
The Strategic Advisor, Enterprise Technology will establish, execute and transition a program to manage the Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/Case Management (CM)/Process Automation (PA) SaaS (Software as a Service), as enterprise technology platforms. Example of such SaaS platforms include Salesforce, ServiceNow, Microsoft Dynamics, etc., and are used by multiple teams in the OPS for different use cases.
There are opportunities to centralize the strategic oversight and management of these SaaS platforms as OPS technology platforms, while enabling teams to develop and manage priorities based on defined business need. Based on its current use in the OPS, the Salesforce solution is an immediate priority and focus for many teams.
Responsibilities will include developing enterprise approaches to the following focus areas:
• Technical strategy, directions, and platform roadmap, including supporting solutions in the SaaS Ecosystem
• Business outcomes, including value for money and cloud enablement
• Procurement, contracts and vendor management
• Technical and functional operating models
• Talent development and standardization of roles
These approaches will enable Salesforce and other SaaS products to be leveraged as a provincial digital asset, ensure value-for-money, effective use of resources, and continuous improvement. This role requires the candidate to be the advocate for these SaaS technology platforms.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related experience
• 5+ years of direct experience working with SaaS e.g. Salesforce Public Sector Foundation in developing, configuring, and/or implementing successful projects
• 5+ years in large and/or complex SaaS related project management
• 5+ years in cloud-based computing
• SaaS technology-certified, e.g. Salesforce-certified
Professional Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrable strategic skills.
• Ability to lead teams through large projects and technical decisions.
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent leadership and management skills.
• Good understanding of the wider objectives and how to ensure strategic alignment of the program to business priorities.
• Experience leading organizational development, strategy development, business, and program planning.
Team Leadership Experience:
• Project management and coordination skills to oversee and manage a variety of concurrent, high level capacity building initiatives/projects, advise/participate on project concept, definition, planning, implementation and closeout phases, provide clear direction and guidance to teams, influence decision makers and peers, resolve issues and deliver on commitments.
• Knowledge of capacity building methods, tools and techniques to provide strategic business advice, expertise and consultation to senior executives.
• Ability to assess capacity gaps and develop and implement and assess solutions to build and sustain organizational transformation skills and capacity for leaders and practitioners.
• Well-developed research, planning and analytical skills to identify, analyze and evaluate complex situations, challenges and priorities, to identify and assess sources of major risks/issues and to make recommendations to senior executives for resolution options.
• Knowledge of and expertise employing organizational effectiveness, design and transformation methodologies and best practices, knowledge of strategic business planning models and methodologies
• Knowledge and understanding of general human resources theory, principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated success in using/implementing change management theories and best practices to recommend and advise executives and to build into transformation strategies.
• Facilitation skills to lead/facilitate solutions-oriented discussion with executives, business partners and organizational transformation experts.
• Coaching skills to mentor/coach executives and practitioners and other learners.
• Knowledge of adult learning principles and best practices to develop, implement and deliver learning initiatives that support efforts to build organizational transformation capacity.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills to make recommendations on organizational transformation communication strategies, impact and influence decisions, learning programs, business cases, and reports.
• Computer skills to develop/prepare presentations, reports, tools and resources.
a) Strategic Plan and management Lead the development and implementation of the CRM/CM/PA SaaS platform (e.g., Salesforce), and supporting strategic and operational collateral, including technology roadmaps and adoption / performance metrics. Supports the development of related artifacts associated with CRM/CM/PA SaaS to inform procurement strategies.
b) Lead the development of enterprise technical directions/playbooks and a platform roadmap to support consistency in the use of CRM/CM/PA SaaS (e.g., Salesforce) as a technology platform including but not limited to: data models, “org” planning, release management, security, etc.
c) Lead stakeholder engagement, including IT and business counterparts, to inform strategies, implementation plans and benefits realization.
d) Lead and establish the inter-disciplinary project team to drive the CRM/CM/PA SaaS ecosystem procurement strategy, including assessing opportunities for optimizing value, innovation and reducing risk. Support the renewal of volume licensing agreements as required.
e) Support standardization of technical roles and responsibilities between cluster teams, identify reuse opportunities and ensure standardization of processes.
f) Lead the implementation of priorities associated with setting up an enterprise Centre of Excellence and foster a community of practice. Collaborate with stakeholders to align and enhance COE.
g) Develop strategies to support talent development and recruitment/retention of SaaS resources. Facilitate knowledge sharing, best practices and identifies strategic initiatives, plus other duties as assigned.
h) The Consultant must propose how he/she/they will transfer knowledge to the Client’s internal staff, and the nature of the knowledge to be transferred.
The following activities are not within the scope: procurement or acquisition of any software, network or hardware components.
Communications and Reporting: meeting with the Client’s Project Manager weekly or as directed during the term of the Statement of Work to provide status reports or to obtain approval of Deliverables.
Contingency Plan: must identify potential areas where problems may arise, and the plan for minimizing risk to the Client.
Performance Management Process: The Consultant must participate in, and comply with the terms of, the Performance Management Process, including responding to requests from Client for information or feedback arising out of or about the Performance Management Process (including responding to Vendor Evaluation Information).
Start: Starting immediately Duration: 1 year contract
The client may check references of the Consultant at any stage of the evaluation process. Three references are required to be submitted by short-listed candidates for interviews with both the ICG Member and the Client (including company name, address and contact information, the nature of the work undertaken, and date work undertaken)
Work Location: The Consultant may need to travel to OPS work site(s) as well as work at the main site in downtown Toronto, ON. during regular working days within the duration of agreement.
Working Hours: The Consultant must work within normal working hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm), except at the request of the Client’s management.
Rates: Negotiable. Intended contract for one year, paid in monthly installments. Rate will be negotiable based on the experience of the right professional, and final Client negotiations.
Close date: No later than Friday 19th May 2023, 9AM ET
APTs must be lodged within 48 hours. We will review all APTs and select the best 3 for the client. The client will then conduct interviews.