Due to Covid travel restrictions our client wishes to engage a qualified engineer to sight material progress as well as project schedules, progress on sub-components, quality systems and logistics arrangements and to provide an opinion on the supplier’s ability to meet the project schedule on time and specification. Our client expects full cooperation from their strategic suppler and understanding that this engagement replaces their own due diligence regarding project progress.
The successful accredited professional will be accountable for:
- Come up to speed on the client’s situation and goals for equipment quality and delivery;
- Develop a good understanding of the supplier’s progress and match this against the supplier’s project planning and management mechanisms for a risk-based view of completion and delivery performance;
- Review the supplier’s quality systems including quality records and factory acceptance test results for a selection of the components and sub-assemblies completed or on the shop-floor being pre-commissioned at the time of the review, including a focus on components from other suppliers and plant locations;
- Form a view of keyrisks and potential mitigation for the delivery schedule;
- Provide a report to the client complete with evidence as approved by the supplier – for example pictures of assemblies and components, specification certificates for components and materials, renderings of project schedules and progress reporting, outline of project management process.
- Significant experience (5-7 years) as a professional engineer with a mechanical engineering or project engineer designation;
- A strong track record of equipment design and manufacturing;
- Experience supervising manufacturing and/or supplier management of engineered equipment;
- Expertise in project progress, completion and quality assurance risk management and reporting;
- Good written and verbal communications skills;
- Experience working collaboratively with executive teams, suppliers and technical specialists.
Start: The engagement will commence immediately and last 3-4 days, including supplier site visit in the Toronto area (one or more sites).
Location: The client’s location is Auckland, New Zealand but it is expected the accredited professional will work remotely in the Toronto area.
Rate:The target daily gross rate range for the Project Acceptance Engineer would be $CA1750 (net rate $CA1225) depending on qualifications and experience that match the specifications above. Reasonable expenses for local travel and expenses will be reimbursed.
Applications close: No later than Wednesday 17th February, 5pm AEDT
We will review all APTs and select the best to include in the proposal. The client may then conduct interviews or take our recommendation.