The individual will need to be a driver, change agent, and single source of truth on transformational change and productivity delivery across the bank. Ensure the Banks strategic objectives are effectively translated into multi-year transformation and productivity goals, and an aspirational programme of initiatives to deliver on these goals is built and delivered.
This role reports to the Executive Performance Management and works closely with the Head of Enterprise Investments and Head of Enterprise Change along with wider leadership roles including the CFO. The role is required to build effective relationships with leaders across all elements of the bank.
- Ensure that the bank sets multi-year transformation and productivity goals to land strategic transformation and financial objectives
- Support the business to identify and prioritise new opportunities
- Challenge the business where full potential is not being targeted
- Establish and continuously improve a sustainable set of execution routines and bank wide behaviours to de-risk delivery
- Support the business to see productivity and cost differently – building a culture of deep challenge and accountability.
- Delivering strategic analysis, scenarios, plans and recommendations that shape and advance the clients portfolio choices, priorities and position in the market
- Strategic analysis and shaping commercial constructs in support of M&A activities Managing and influencing stakeholders across the organisation, challenging thinking and influencing choices made in the Group’s best interest
- Developing communications (verbal and written) for internal and external stakeholders to support facilitated discussion and decision making
- Monitoring global and local technology trends to assess opportunities and risks for the client’s performance.
Skills and experience required
- A high achiever with a focus on consistent delivery of excellent results.
- An experienced individual who has worked within strategic corporate or consulting environment likely 6-8 years post tertiary experience
- Someone with excellent analytical skills and drive for accuracy.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, including financial modelling, and identifying and working through business trade-offs
- Demonstrated confidence and the ability to work collaboratively across a range of stakeholders
- Proven track record in stakeholder management, including driving timelines for others’ inputs
- Ability to work efficiently within a fast-paced working environment.
- Continuous improvement mindset, proactive, and comfortable taking ownership.
- Outstanding MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Business fluency in English is a requirement for this role
- Able to communicate complex ideas effectively with simplicity, both verbally and in writing, including to executive stakeholders
- Track record of driving large scale programmes of work or business improvement / turn around outcomes
- Able to translate data into commercially pragmatic insights and direction
- Strategy and commercial acumen – preferably within Financial Services or other major industries(e.g. Insurance, Telecommunications, Utilities, Funds Management, Investment Banking)
- Corporate-level reporting Desirable
- Financial services experience
Start: Immediate start, duration 6-12 months, then potentially permanent
Location: Auckland, New Zealand at The Clients Site
Rates: The rate to the consultant will be $700-$900 (NZD) per day depending on the level of experience and seniority.
Close date: No later than Monday 31 May 2021, 3pm NZ