ICG is seeking interested and available professionals to respond to a service request from a global strategic partner.
Our global strategic partner has client with a need for a Head of Actuarial for IFRS17, reporting into the senior director/partner within the team.
Essential skills and experience includes:
- General commercial and financial knowledge
- Experienced user of MS Excel; VBA and Access/SQL skills desirable
- Reserving and IFRS17 Technical knowledge; Solvency 2 Technical Provision knowledge would be beneficial
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail; accurate and numerate
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to organise a high performing team as well as able to work on own initiative
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Ability to inspire and motivate a high performing team
Desirable skills and experience includes:
- Reserving and IFRS17 experience; Lloyd’s market knowledge desirable
- Detailed knowledge of actuarial valuation techniques, including those used within pricing and capital modelling
- Detailed knowledge of reinsurance and its impact on reserving
- Proven people and project/task management experience – preferred
Candidates are expected to have appropriate qualifications in their field and the role is broken down into:
- Oversee and own all aspects of actuarial assumptions required for the IFRS17 calculations
- Oversee and own all actuarial aspects of IFRS17 Reporting & Analytics
- Ensure governance around actuarial IFRS17 processes is maintained
- Liaise effectively with other Finance and Actuarial ‘Heads of’ on IFRS17 actuarial matters
- Ownership of all actuarial calculations performed by the IFRS17 Calculation Engine
- Identify and implement IFRS17 process improvements and future requirements
- Ensure the necessary documentation is maintained for the various tools used for the IFRS17 calculations within Group Actuarial
- Ensure team delivers on ad-hoc projects assigned to them
- Build and maintain constructive working arrangements with those groups identified as being key to your role
- Operate as an effective team member by supporting direct reports and contributing to the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives
- Be a technical expert and trusted advisor for management on the relevant actuarial aspects of IFRS17
- Identify opportunities and deliver improvements in the IFRS17 valuation processes and methodologies
- Keep abreast of industry best practice, new initiatives and changes in regulatory requirements
- Undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally)
We would expect candidates to have qualifications that include:
- University degree in Mathematics or related field
- Professional Actuarial qualification
Logistics, Location & Rate
Logistics: Work is likely to ASAP and the assignment will last 12 months, Monday-Friday at 35 hours per week.
Location: The work will take place in the UK – London or Birmingham (flexible with any location) and will be hybrid working only.
Rates: The rate to ICG applicants is dependent upon the skills the candidate has but is in the range of £550-750 per day. The contract is expected to be outside IR 35.
Close date: No later than Thursday 28th April 2022 21:00 BST (UK)