The Portfolio Reporting Analyst is responsible for taking a lead role in the provision of specialised, high level commercial business intelligence and expertise to support portfolio performance management, portfolio governance and improvement initiatives.
The Portfolio Reporting Analyst is further responsible for the provision of comprehensive strategic advice and recommendations to Senior and Executive management relating to analysis, planning, and reporting processes.
- Responsible for the preparation of specialised, high-level analysis and critical network portfolio reporting which meets evolving and ad hoc organisational needs in the driving of business efficiencies, productivity improvement efficiencies and cost reduction strategies across the Network Divisions
- Own the end-to-end data process; addressing areas such as data quality, data validation, data mining and advanced modelling. Communicate data insights to stakeholders at all levels
- Work with stakeholders to uncover their problems, understand the data architecture and their data needs and implement solutions to support those needs and to add value
- Build and own the Portfolio Risk and Issues database and be responsible for managing the database to ensure necessary actions are taken by stakeholders to mitigate and drive the closure of risks and issues, and providing analysis and trend data on key themes and mitigation strategies
- Undertake comprehensive research to develop robust and consistent metrics, inclusive of a meaningful suite of lead and lag performance indicators, which provide effective and consistent tracking of Portfolio performance against its objectives
- Take a lead role in the effective and accurate development and ongoing maintenance of critical operational performance measures including new KPIs, benchmarking, unit rate determination and Dashboard development, which enable effective and consistent tracking of Divisional performance against targets
- Provide expertise within the Branch to ensure business continuity and act as a mentor to personnel across the Division, providing guidance and support as required
- Provide specialist, technical advice to team members and senior management on budget and forecasting support, project delivery, governance, urgent business requests, writing and ad hoc reporting as required.
- All employees are required to have an awareness of, and a commitment to the Principles, Values and Standards as set out in the Code of Conduct and applicable Company policies, procedures and management systems (e.g. for Safety, Environment and Asset Management).
Skills and attributes for success:
- Extensive experience in a similar role within the Energy/Electrical or Utilities Industry
- Extensive experience in analysing business and operational data and preparation of reports
- Demonstrated preparation of detailed reports and presentations to senior management
- Demonstrated experience in application and use of reporting and business intelligence tools with expert knowledge and application in the use of Microsoft products/programs
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of reporting and analysis frameworks and the ability to interpret and implement requirements for senior managers and critical stakeholders
- Experience in successfully managing broad and competing responsibilities and complex issues at management level.
- Very strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically, innovatively, and laterally to identify issues and develop recommendations to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including developing presentations and report writing, providing advice, direction and support to senior managers
- Proven and effective stakeholder management experience and an ability to communicate clearly and convincingly to influence outcomes with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to accept accountabilities and responsibilities and to be focused on delivering outcomes to meet team objectives
- Excellent skills in computer operations and business systems relevant to the role.
Degree in Business Management, Commerce or Accounting or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
Start: Immediate start, duration: 6 months-extension possible
Location: Flexible but must be based in Australia and possibly New Zealand
Rates: The daily net rate to the consultant will be based on experience for the right professional, final client negotiations and is expected to be approximately $725 + GST.
Close date: No later than Monday 9th May 2022, 5pm AEST