A current ICG client in the utilities sector is looking for a ESG Consultant to assist in developing tactical implementation of their sustainability strategy, with a view to value engineer responses that are meaningful in achieving their goals while working pragmatically with their operating and procurement divisions. Reports to procurement
The successful accredited professional will be accountable for:
- Come up to speed on the client’s situation and goals;
- A review of the client’s ESG strategy with a focus on sustainability;
- Develop an understanding of the client’s operational agenda, including asset investments, asset management and the involvement of suppliers;
- Work with the in-house sustainability function and asset managers to translate goals into actions for operations and procurement, including how suppliers can contribute to goals and means.
The successful professional will primarily work with client’s Asset Managers and Procurement department.
The successful accredited professional will have experience in ESG strategy development and implementation in a utilities and/or resources sector.
Ideally the accredited professional will have:
- Significant experience (5+ years) as a consulting engineer (internal or external) and/or management consultant with a focus on sustainability;
- Experience developing implementation programs with operating personnel;
- Expertise in developing value-engineered solutions in assets and their supporting capital design and funding, maintenance, and operating data (operating performance, preventive maintenance, overall asset effectiveness;
- Good written and verbal communications skills;
- Experience working collaboratively with executive teams and technical specialists
- ESG experience welcome but not essential
Start: The engagement will commence in June and last 3-4 months
Location: Flexible on location in Australia NSW-preferred. Flexible 3-5 days a week
Rates: The daily rate to the consultant will be based on experience for the right professional, final client negotiations and is expected to be approximately $1,200 + GST.
Close date: No later than Thursday 19th May 2022, 5pm AEST