The end client is a client of our global strategic partner.
- To manage and provide Reinsurance Pricing direction to others, so that actuarial services provided within the entity are in line with the actuarial business plan and broader strategic objectives within the Company
- To actively achieve solutions for complex technical Reinsurance Pricing challenges by leading the development, enhancements, maintenance and ensuring corporate and actuarial governance standards are met, with the goal of implementing activities or approaches that meet actuarial standards and support achieving plan loss ratios and profitability as well as the Company as a whole
- The role requires the ability to interact with Underwriting to secure their buy-in and the ability to apply knowledge and insights concerning actuarial pricing techniques, technology, programming knowledge
Skills and experience required are:
- Qualified Actuary (preferably Fellow of) accredited by Institute of Actuaries or equivalent body
- Extensive experience in corporate or consulting environment, with a significant portion in general Reinsurance Pricing
- Extensive general experience in insurance industry involving data/analysis/systems/projects
- Preferred area of studies in a field where analytical and problem-solving skills are fundamental and clear written and verbal communication skills were encouraged
- Expert skills in Reinsurance actuarial Pricing analysis and modelling, project management and communication
- Expert technical experience with data manipulation
- Established knowledge of actuarial techniques used for pricing and/or reserving insurance
- Proficient user of simulation techniques and other actuarial techniques used for pricing loss sensitive product features
- Strong understanding of financial services industry best practice in actuarial analysis, modelling, and underwriting
- Good understanding of compliance issues
Start: The role is a 4 month project and work is likely to commence ASAP with a possibility to join the client as a FTE after the interim period ends.
Rates: The rate to ICG applicants is £750 per day.
Close date: No later than 22nd February 2023 17:00 BST (UK).
APT’s must be lodged within 48 hours. We will review all APT’s and select the best 3 for the client. The client will then conduct interviews.